Job Title: Machinist, Level 2
Reports To: Production Control Specialist (Repairs)
Role: Responsible for programing, overseeing First Article Production, process documentation and/or operating tooling equipment in production of tools, and needs associated with Repair/Overhaul of civil aviation articles in accordance with the current technical data provided in the Manufacturers’ Instructions (Engine Service Manuals) and other Industry Standards. Must have previous Mastercam programming knowledge.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Properly executing all duties assigned.
- Operate Conventional and CNC (Computer Numerically Controlled) machines such as lathes, milling machines, knee mills and grinders to produce/repair metal parts.
- Mentor and train apprentice machinist on operation of various equipment
- Review electronic or written illustrations and/or specifications for a job.
- Create programs and tool path in Mastercam to carry out repairs required by the technical data.
- Ability to write basic programs on the controller to perform simple repairs and to modify programs in response to problems.
- Setting up work piece on either the conventional (drill press, lathe, milling machine and grinder) or CNC equipment, used in machining process as required to complete each step of the repair.
- Monitoring the production process and intervening when problems arise
- Check accuracy of work against illustrations and specifications using the standard inspection tools such as micrometers, calipers, bore gages, Portable CMM etc.
- Familiar with all tools and equipment, including inspection aids, used within area of responsibility.
- Properly record the work performed on the appropriate maintenance record.
- Ensure all activities are properly performed on the appropriate traveler and recorded as called out by the OEM.
- Perform other duties as required.