Job Title: Machinist, Level 1
Reports To: Production Control Specialist (Repairs)
Role: Responsible for operating tooling equipment to assist in the production of tools, and the needs associated with Repair/Overhaul of civil aviation articles in accordance with the current technical data provided in the Manufacturers’ Instructions (Engine Service Manuals) and other Industry Standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Review electronic or written illustrations and/or specifications for a job.
- Setting up work piece on either the conventional (drill press, lathe, milling machine and grinder) or CNC equipment, used in machining process as required to complete each step of the repair.
- Measuring and marking raw materials or components, as needed to repair or fabricate parts.
- Monitoring the production process and intervening when problems arise
- Check accuracy of work against illustrations and specifications using the standard inspection tools such as micrometers, calipers, bore gages etc.
- Execute instructions provided by the Shop Lead or Level II Machinist
- CNC knowledge on the fundamentals of programming with respect to cutter movements is a plus but not required.
- Ensure all activities are properly performed on the appropriate traveler and recorded as called out by the OEM.
- Perform other duties as required.